COVID-19 Safety Processes
If you have any questions about the information below, please call us! Our team is always here for you.
We made it!! We are incredibly happy to announce that we returned to normal business hours on May 18th and will resume seeing all appointment types. We missed you during the break and are so excited to care for you at your next appointment.
Our doctors and leadership team worked to prepare new policies and processes to provide a safe environment for you and for our team. Here’s what to expect at your next appointment.
Before You Arrive
- We will call you two days before your scheduled appointment to do a verbal patient screening regarding your health.
- If leave you a message, please call us back. We need to talk with you before your appointment.
- Please bring and wear your face mask, bandana, or scarf to your appointment. Don’t worry, if you do not have one, we will provide a mask for you.
- Please follow all instructions reviewed with you.
New Check-in Process
- When you arrive to our facility, stay in your vehicle. Call our office to begin the check in process, 536-5900. Let us know what number parking spot you are in and we will be right out to greet you.
- If your call goes to voicemail, please hang up and call us back.
- If you have waited in your car past your check in time or no one has come out to start the check-in process, please call the office again.
- We will take your temperature and ask a few quick questions about how you’re feeling.
- For your safety and the safety of others, we will reappoint you if you have symptoms.
- Minimal visitors please – We ask you to come alone to allow for social distancing and capacity restrictions.
- If a friend or family member is helping you get to your appointment, we will ask them to wait in the car until you are ready to leave.
- Parents – you can, of course, be here with your kiddos; one parent per child. No other siblings please.
- Everyone in the vehicle are required to be screened.
We are practicing Social Distancing!
- Our lobby is currently closed. You will remain in your vehicle until your room is ready for you.
- Hand sanitizing stations are everywhere.
- All hard surfaces are being thoroughly and frequently disinfected.
- Our teammates are wearing masks at all times.
- As always, all clinical instruments, equipment, treatment rooms and hard surfaces are thoroughly sterilized and sanitized for each patient.
- Our doctors and team members are wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), per current ADA and CDC guidelines.
- You may see some cool, new equipment for the reduction of aerosols such as UV-C HEPA Air Purifiers in every room.
What Hasn’t Changed
- If you are scheduled for a sedation appointment, no food or drink after midnight the night before your appointment unless specifically instructed by our nurse.
We’ve done a lot of work behind the scenes and are very confident in our preparation and our new processes. You are in excellent hands here. Although some things might look a little different, one thing will remain the same: the doctors and team members who you know and love are still here to care for you and your smile.
Please reach out anytime with questions!